Not that long ago I was searching for a way to find the printer a job sent to a CUPS class printed to. After poking around on the cups.org forums, Michael Sweet responded with information about the “job-actual-printer-uri” IPP attribute. The code is something like: self.cups = cups.Connection() def getActualPrinter(self, jobid): job_attributes = self.cups.getJobAttributes(jobid) return … [Read more…]
Dear Lazyweb, If one creates a print class in CUPS, is it possible to query for the destination printer within that class that a job was actually sent to? There seems to be very little documentation on this sort of thing…
We’ve got a Sharp LC32DA5U in our dorm connected to a homebuilt PC from Frys. Recently we upgraded to Ubuntu Karmic and the latest SVN releases of XBMC. In order to get a reasonable resolution out of the TV/PC combination we needed this little xrandr script to set the resolution before xbmc starts up. The … [Read more…]
I am at Lime Rock Park this weekend for the Rolex Vintage Festival. I had to check in to a college website for course registration, so I fired up my laptop with a Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go card, and got it done. Using the modemmanager PPA with Jaunty seems to make things really usable.
If you are looking for the excellent Google gflags python module as an Ubuntu package, look no farther. It is available from my PPA: https://launchpad.net/~compbrain/+archive/ppa A quick how-to install is included below. $ sudo apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-keys E5C2D9CD $ sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/compbrain/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/compbrainppa.list’ $ sudo apt-get update … [Read more…]
I’m on vacation in Seattle for the next week, so here is your obligatory tourist photo.
Quick note for myself and anyone else looking to replace lighttpd or apache2 with nginx for serving php (ala wordpress): http://frankkumro.com/2009/01/03/ubuntu-nginx-and-php5/
Recently I was given a video by a friend in AVI format that caused trouble when playing it on my Neuros OSD. When I watched the video on my laptop with mplayer, everything was fine, but when you tried to seek with the Neuros it reported a video 16 minutes in length instead of the … [Read more…]
Today at school we finally fixed a nit that had been bothering me since about the time I arrived. For historical reasons our college mail server holds the A record for the college domain name. For that reason, attempts to access http://ccs.neu.edu instead of http://www.ccs.neu.edu ended up displaying an error page. Since the primary purpose … [Read more…]